Thursday, December 15, 2011

Silver Screen Christmas Memories

Looking back to the good old days, I think back to all of the holiday movies that have touched my heart.  Some of them I have purchased, but others I record and watch them over and over until I get burned out for the season.

I went through the movie guide and set it up to record Christmas in Connecticut, The Bishop's Wife, Holiday Inn, Miracle on 34th St. and White Christmas.

I think I watch these movies not only to get into the holiday spirit, but I really enjoy looking at all of their props, many of them being glassware and dishes we have sold on our site. Gorgeous, well built solid furniture, delicate linens, even lighting fixtures.  That is probably why we are attracted to them in the first place.  A simpler time, non technology problems, and when Christmas was not so commercial.

If you have a holiday memory you would like to share, join us around the crackling fire with your hot cocoa and tell us your tale.

Making memories one day at a time!

No comments: